PLL: CeCe Drake, Melissa Hastings & Ali : What REALLY Happened?
The whole thing with CeCe is weird. We've seen flashbacks of CeCe and Ali where they clearly got along well, one of which took place during the summer before Ali disappeared. If it's true that Ali got CeCe kicked out of school and CeCe hates her for it, exactly when did that take place? It would have had to have happened sometime BEFORE the flashback of Ali telling CeCe that she might be pregnant, and if that's true, why were CeCe and Ali still on good terms during that summer?
Also, IF we're buying into that story, we're also supposed to believe that (as you said) CeCe started visiting Mona in Radley after finding out that she was in there because MELISSA called and told her. Think about this for a minute. Melissa claims that she got an anonymous text threatening her & that's why she had to dress as the black swan and "distract Jenna." She said she believed the text came from Mona, and when we heard this story from Lucas, he thought the same thing. I have about a million problems with this, lol, so try and bare with me.
1) If Melissa believes that Mona was threatening her, why would she want to help her later by getting CeCe to visit Mona in Radley? Melissa is, to say the least, not the nicest girl in the world, but would she really want to help a girl who not only threatened her, but spent the past year tormenting her sister and friends? If so, WHY?
2) If Melissa is working with Jenna, why would she comply with a text message instructing her to distract Jenna?
3) Distract Jenna from what? In the same episode, we know that Jenna had some sort of plan for that night ("they're all going to be at the party, you know what you need to do"). Don't get me started on that person Jenna was talking to turning out to be Shana; that's a story for a different day. But:
4) Did Mona find out about Jenna's plan (whatever it may have been) and send those texts to Melissa and Lucas to stop her from going through with it? Did Mona send them any texts at all? Maybe it wasn't her. When Lucas told his story to Hanna, he said that Mona sent him this anonymous text AND he said that Mona tried to run him over. We know that he was incorrect about the second part; we saw that it was TOBY that tried to run him over. How do we know that Mona really sent those texts? Maybe Jenna sent the texts wanting Melissa and Lucas to believe that Mona did it, and this was her way of starting her OWN team.
5) Am I the only person who finds it odd that Jenna and Melissa would work together when both of them dated Garrett, first of all, and second, Melissa knows Jenna is the reason Garrett was arrested. Jenna screwed Garrett over by turning in page 5 of Ali's autopsy report to the police, and Melissa claims that Garrett is the only guy out of all the guys she's dealt with who was always honest with her. Why on Earth would she and Jenna work together? My only guess is because they both want the videos.
6) If CeCe hated Ali like Wren says, why wouldn't Jason think to mention this piece of information to Spencer and the other girls? If CeCe despised Ali, I highly doubt she's hanging out with her old friends with good intentions.
I hope in season 4, this crazy knot that's been tied between all sorts of characters begins to unravel into something that makes sense. I'm especially excited for Jenna's story; she's been an interesting character from the very beginning. See my post on my TV & The Law website about season 1, episode 2, of Pretty Little Liars, "The Jenna Thing" to refresh your memories on the beginning of Jenna Marshall's complicated story.